Thursday, April 21, 2005

Lunchtime

It'll get better, I promise. The phenomenal success of my first post (ever!) has encouraged me in my quest to foist inconsequential nonsense upon all and sundry, without distinction as to race, creed or species.

So it's lunchtime, and I'm taking advantage of the statutory midday break to compose my second world-shattering post. The conditions are favourable, having just consumed a large shish kebab. The endorphin-releasing properties of the grilled meat fill me with peace and the desire to share my sense of well-feeling with the world. The office is quiet and peaceful, and I feel strong in solidarity with my colleagues (more on that in a future post). Really, that's all I have to say. A good meal followed by a good sit down and maybe a cup of tea; that's wealth.

For any one who wants a little more, here's the Story of Mel.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As the lunch time topic is lunch, my lunch consists of 2 carrots, 1 courgette (Spanish squash to brethen across the Atlantic), 1 onion, 100g of tofu, 7 large mushrooms, big dash of white pepper, 100g of canned yellow fin tuna, half a large potato and a third of a medium sized sweet potato....presently being nuked. Bon appetit!

1:08 PM GMT  
Blogger vertebrate said...

I stand in awe of your mighty iron stomach!

1:26 PM GMT  
Blogger lecram sinun said...

We are at breakfast as I post... I usually have brunch which is 2 hours away.

Did have a chicken curry last night though... a Malay prep.

3:48 PM GMT  
Blogger jade ed girl said...

Courgette! That's it Kien! The vegetable lecram planted that we were trying to describe to ya. We call it zucchini.

6:41 PM GMT  
Blogger lecram sinun said...

There is another kind of vegetation that lecram calls zucchini too.

2:54 AM GMT  
Blogger Lelly said...

'Lunch'* eh? Well arn't we all brung up proper then! Mine (yesterday) was one third of a soggy tuna sandwich (rest went in the bin) and a bag of polystyrene masquerading as cheese n chive flavoured rice cakes.

*As some of you are from 'across the Atlantic it might interest you to know that in some of these'ere parts 'lunch' is very often referred to as 'dinner' and 'dinner' referred to as 'tea' unless you're a bit pretentious, in which case 'dinner' is referred to as 'supper' - erroneously as it happens, as 'supper' is traditionally a late night meal or snack (i.e. eaten later on in the day from your 'dinner' or 'tea')often involving cheese. Got all that?

PS alarm at what else lecram is calling 'vegetation'!

PPS anyone interested in a gender/reading matter debate please see my blog site (not that I'm desperate or anything!)

9:10 AM GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home